In the fourth quarter 2021, Acconeer AB's net sales amounted to kSEK 8,110, and the revenue increased by 174% compared to the same quarter last year. A record number of sensors were sold, 159,280, and 10,224 modules were sold. In total, Acconeer has sold 726,410 radar sensors and 32,874 modules since launch. In Q4 391 evaluation kits were sold, and an accumulated 4,641 EVKs have been sold since launch. The gross margin in Q4 was 72% and ten new customer products were launched.
Lars Lindell, CEO Acconeer, comments: "We are pleased to have another strong quarter where we are once again breaking records in the number of sensors sold, despite the current global component shortage. We received our first volume order for the automotive industry and launched a customer in the robotic lawnmower segment, both new use cases for us. In addition, the number of customer launches is increasing rapidly, and we have a very strong pipeline for launches in 2022. Therefore, we are now raising our target for customer launches from five to ten per quarter."
- Net sales for the fourth quarter amounted to kSEK 8,110 (2,956).
- The gross margin on sales of goods was 72 (70)%.
- Result after taxes amounted to kSEK -17,257 (-15,451).
- Earnings per share before and after dilution was SEK -0.74 (-0.66).
- The cash flow from operating activities was kSEK -14,013 (-12,732).
- Net sales for the full year amounted to kSEK 31,157 (9,505).
- The gross margin on sales of goods was 71 (58)%.
- Result after taxes amounted to kSEK -51,138 (-62,312).
- Earnings per share before and after dilution was SEK -2.19 (-2.85).
- The cash flow from operating activities was kSEK -39,986 (-50,800).
- Cash and cash equivalents on the balance sheet date amounted to kSEK 156,858 (82,170).
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS DURING THE FOURTH QUARTER
- Acconeer received order from CODICO worth USD 91,000.
- Acconeer received order from Digi-Key worth USD 59,000.
- A1 radar sensor in robotic lawn mower from large European technology company.
- Acconeer received order from Asteelflash worth UDS 82,300.
- Rights issue of approximately SEK 140 million, before issue expenses of approximately SEK 15 million, was announced.
- Prospectus in connection with forthcoming rights issue was published.
- Acconeer received order from Baumüller worth USD 112,900.
- Acconeer received order from EMSYS Design worth USD 87,780.
- Supplementary prospectus was published.
- Acconeer received order from Nexty worth USD 163,000.
- Acconeer announced outcome of rights issue.
- Acconeer received order from Drainage Management Services worth USD 60,000.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS AFTER THE END OF THE PERIOD
- Acconeer received order from Glyn worth USD 58,500.
- Acconeer received two orders worth in total USD 260,000.
The year-end report is attached to this press release and available through Acconeer's website: https://investor.acconeer.com/en/financial-reports/.
For additional information, please contact:
Lars Lindell, CEO Acconeer, Phone: +46 10218 92 00, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This information is information that Acconeer AB is required to disclose by the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was provided by the above contact person, for publication on February 18, 2022 07:30.
The following documents can be retrieved from beQuoted
Acconeer-Q4 2021 eng.pdf
About Acconeer AB
With ground-breaking technology, Acconeer has developed a radar sensor that opens a new world of interaction. Acconeer Micro Radar Sensor, with low power consumption, high precision, small size and high robustness, is a 60GHz robust and cost-effective sensor for detection, distance measurement, motion detection and camera-supported applications with low power consumption. Acconeer combines the advantage of low power consumption with highly accurate pulsed radar systems of coherent radar, all integrated into a component with a surface area of only 28 mm2. The radar sensor can be included in a range of mobile consumer products, from smartphones to wearables, but also in areas such as robots, drones, the Internet of Things, healthcare, automotive, industrial robots and security and monitoring systems. Acconeer is a semiconductor company and, as a business model, sells hardware to manufacturers of consumer electronics products. Acconeer is listed on Nasdaq First North Growth Market with the ticker code ACCON, Redeye is the company's Certified Advisor (CA) and can be contacted via telephone +46(0)8 121 576 90 or via e-mail email@example.com. For more information: www.acconeer.com.