In Q3 2021, Acconeer's net sales amounted to 7,859 kSEK, and the revenue increased by 183% compared to the same quarter last year. A record number of sensors were sold, 130,662, and 10,723 modules were sold. In total, Acconeer has sold 567,130 radar sensors and 22,650 modules since launch. In Q3 273 evaluation kits were sold, and an accumulated 4,250 EVKs have been sold since launch. The gross margin in Q3 was 70% and seven new customer products were launched.
CEO Lars Lindell comments: "It feels great to be able to say that we sold more than 10,000 modules in Q3, which is almost as many as the total accumulated sales before the quarter, and this despite the global shortage of critical components which led to that we were unable to deliver on all purchase orders."
- Net sales for the third quarter amounted to kSEK 7,859 (2,780).
- The Gross margin on sales of goods was 70 (65)%.
- Result after taxes amounted to kSEK-10,309 (-12,325).
- Earnings per share before and after dilution was SEK -0.44 (-0.53).
- The cash flow from operating activities was kSEK -7,673 (-9,339).
JANUARY – SEPTEMBER
- Net sales for the nine months period amounted to kSEK 23,047 (6,549).
- The Gross margin on sales of goods was 71 (50)%.
- Result after taxes amounted to kSEK -33,881 (-46,861)
- Earnings per share before and after dilution was SEK -1.45 (-2.20)
- The cash flow from operating activities was kSEK -25,973 (-38,068).
- Cash and cash equivalents on the balance sheet date amounted to kSEK 47,849 (95,611).
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS DURING THE THIRD QUARTER
- Acconeer receives orders from Asteelflash with a total value of USD 161,000.
- Acconeer develops new smaller Entry Module targeting presence use case.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS AFTER THE END OF THE PERIOD
- Acconeer receives order from CODICO worth USD 91,000.
- Acconeer receives order from Digi-Key worth USD 59,000.
The interim report is attached to this press release and available through Acconeer's website: https://investor.acconeer.com/en/financial-reports/.
For additional information, please contact:
Lars Lindell, CEO Acconeer, Phone: +46 10218 92 00, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This information is information that Acconeer AB is required to disclose by the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was provided by the above contact person, for publication on October 29, 2021, 07:30.
About Acconeer AB
With ground-breaking technology, Acconeer has developed a radar sensor that opens a new world of interaction. Acconeer Micro Radar Sensor, with low power consumption, high precision, small size and high robustness, is a 60GHz robust and cost-effective sensor for detection, distance measurement, motion detection and camera-supported applications with low power consumption. Acconeer combines the advantage of low power consumption with highly accurate pulsed radar systems of coherent radar, all integrated into a component with a surface area of only 28 mm2. The radar sensor can be included in a range of mobile consumer products, from smartphones to wearables, but also in areas such as robots, drones, the Internet of Things, healthcare, automotive, industrial robots and security and monitoring systems. Acconeer is a semiconductor company and, as a business model, sells hardware to manufacturers of consumer electronics products. Acconeer is listed on Nasdaq First North Growth Market with the ticker code ACCON, Redeye is the company's Certified Advisor (CA) and can be contacted via telephone +46(0)8 121 576 90 or via e-mail email@example.com. For more information: www.acconeer.com.